Friday, March 06, 2015

Good Company for Prize Rivals

Five crime and mystery novels, first published in 2014, are battling it out for top honors in this year’s Los Angeles Times Book Prize competition. The winner in the Mystery/Thriller category, as well as nine others, will be announced on Saturday, April 18, during the L.A. Times Festival of Books. The Mystery/Thriller nominees are:

Dry Bones in the Valley, by Tom Bouman (Norton)
The Painter, by Peter Heller (Knopf)
After I’m Gone, by Laura Lippman (Morrow)
Sins of Our Fathers, by Shawn Lawrence Otto (Milkweed)
The Girl with a Clock for a Heart, by Peter Swanson (Morrow)

Sadly, I have read only two of the five novels mentioned here: After I’m Gone (which I chose as one of my favorite crime novels of 2014) and The Girl with Clock for a Heart, which I found intriguing but ultimately rather unsatisfying.

Click here to see all of this year’s Times Book Prize nominees.

(Hat tip to The Gumshoe Site.)

No comments: